Having a massager for neck pain at home can be very beneficial, especially if you’re someone who spends most of your time sitting and staring at a screen – be it for study or work. On this occasion, we’ll invite you to join us on a journey to find the best neck massager for neck pain currently available on the market.
A 2017 study revealed that by getting regular massage treatments, you have fewer chances of experiencing neck pain or stress. This is why it’s very important for you to have a massager for neck pain, so you can get the treatment you need anytime and anywhere.
Just like other therapy devices, the neck massager for neck pain is now available in a wide variety of sizes and models. Below, you can check out our curated list of 13 best massagers for neck pain. So if you’re looking for a new neck massager for neck pain, this one’s for you.
InvoSpa Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager
InvoSpa Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager is a massage pillow that’s available at an affordable price. It comes with a total of eight bi-directional massage nodes to simulate human massage. However, you must stay near a power outlet since this is corded. So if you’re thinking about using your massager while on a trip, you might want to get another alternative.
Furthermore, this massager for neck pain has a control panel. So if you think the massage is too intense, you can easily go with the other two speed settings. Want some extra sensations of relief? Just turn on the infrared heat function, and you’re set. As of this writing, this neck massager for neck pain is available for $59 on Amazon.
- It has a heat function to enhance your massage experience
- The massager came with an AC adapter and a car adapter
- It’s portable and easy to carry around
- You can choose between three different speed settings
- We think that the overall quality could be improved a lot, especially considering the price
Voyor Neck Massager
The Voyor Neck Massager is a great option if you want a non-electrical massager. This thing uses two silicone balls on each side to create a relaxing stimulus around your neck. Both are intelligently positioned so your neck gets the right amount of pressure to relieve pain and stress.
Using this neck massager for neck pain is quite straightforward. First of all, you need to position the two silicone balls around your neck. Next, hold the handle with both of your hands. After that, move them back and forth to create a massage simulation. Furthermore, you can adjust the intensity of the massage according to your needs. Move the device faster for a more intense stimulus and move it slower for a more relaxed massage.
Speaking of pain relief, you might want to check out the best anti-fatigue mats for standing desk.
- It doesn’t require any battery or power source
- The massager is easy to operate
- It uses two silicone balls to create a massage sensation
- It creates pressure to relieve your neck pain
- There are some customers complaining that the neck opening part is a little too tight
Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager
The Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager has a lot of tricks up its sleeve. This handheld massager is capable of delivering percussive massages with multiple speed settings. Apart from that, it comes with a total of five replaceable massager heads. And in case you’re wondering, this device is rechargeable. So you can use it anywhere without worrying about finding a power outlet.
A single charge should give you up to 140 minutes of usage time. That should be enough to give you a good massage while in a car or on a flight. As for performance, we’ve only heard good things about this massager for neck pain so far. Many users say that it performs well enough to give a good deep-tissue massage. So if you’re looking for a rechargeable massager, this neck massager for neck pain will not disappoint you.
- It comes with percussion technology to help soothe your neck, back, and calves
- It has a powerful motor with up to 3,600 rpm
- This massager is portable and easy to carry around
- It’s cordless and doesn’t require a power outlet to work
- There’s no way for you to control the firmness
Vybe Percussion Massage Gun
Sometimes neck pain can get so intense that you need a more penetrative massage for instant relief. For that, you’ll want a massage gun. And on this occasion, we’re more than happy to introduce you to the Vybe Percussion Massage Gun. This massager for neck pain is a great option if you’re looking for a handheld device. It offers no less than three replaceable massage heads. Each of them is designed to work for a different muscle group.
As you would expect from the best neck massager for neck pain, the Vybe Percussion Massage Gun allows you to determine the speed of your massage. You can choose between six vibration speeds, ranging from 500 to 2,400 strokes per minute. And if you want to take this thing with you when you’re on the go, it comes with two rechargeable batteries and a carrying case.
- It works great for your neck, your biceps, and even your calves
- It can rotate 90 degrees so that you can reach all points on your body
- It can do deep tissue massage well
- This muscle gun is perfect for athletes of any level
- This product is reported to have a short battery life and can be quite loud when in operation
truMedic Shiatsu Massager with Heat
truMedic Shiatsu Massager with Heat has a built-in rechargeable battery. It’s easy to recharge and comes with an AC adapter, so you don’t have to buy one yourself. There are two large massage nodes to simulate human hand movements. Furthermore, this neck massager for neck pain sits straight on your shoulder. And if you want extra relief, you can easily turn on the heat function.
This massager for neck pain comes with adjustable arm straps, where you can also find controls for pressure, heat, and massage direction. You can easily decide what kind of massage you want by playing around with the buttons. It’s easy to use and great for all ages. Check this one out if you have time.
- It can create high-performance relief for your tired muscles
- You can easily use this massager while at home or at work
- It’s able to improve your blood circulation
- It’s made of high-quality material
- This product is a little heavy and bulky
Comfier Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager
If portability isn’t your biggest concern, then the Comfier Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager would be a great option. As you can see in the image below, this thing is similar to a full-sized car seat. However, on the headrest, you’ll find two rolling massage nodes that can simulate shiatsu techniques. This massager for neck pain also has an optional heating feature in case you want a faster recovery.
There are two airbags in each position. Both are strategically positioned to ensure that you are sitting in the right position, so you can get the right treatment for full back pain and neck relief. If you don’t mind spending $200, this neck massager for neck pain would make a great gift for your family.
- It’s able to relax your whole body
- It simulates shiatsu massage to give comfort to your neck and back
- The massager comes with an optional heating pad
- There are three different speed settings for you to choose from
- This product may not be suitable for those with shorter stature
Mirakel Shiatsu Back Neck Massager with Heat
Are you dreaming of having a spa-like treatment in your own home? Well, you can get it right now with the Mirakel Shiatsu Back Neck Massager with Heat! This ergonomic massage pillow boasts eight bi-directional massage nodes to create intense relief for both your neck and back.
We personally love the heat function, as it creates some added comfort. It’ll also automatically shut down after 15 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about its safety. Apart from that, the entire device is covered by a breathable soft mesh fabric. It allows you to enjoy a great massage without sweating too much. Available for around $36 on Amazon, the Mirakel Massager is a great option when you’re looking for a brand-new massager for neck pain.
Before you move on to the next one on this list, please check out our best floor mats for standing desk. Grab one of them if you plan to update your home office setup.
- It comes with an ergonomic design and feels great to hold
- There are two handles that are covered by breathable fabric, preventing you from feeling uncomfortably hot
- The massager features no fewer than eight bi-directional massage nodes
- There’s a useful heat function
- It has a short cord
Resteck Neck and Back Massager
Don’t you hate it when you have a stiff neck after a long day at work? Well, there’s no need to worry anymore because the Resteck Neck and Back Massager can fix that problem for you. This pillow massager has two kneading nodes that can perform a good deep-tissue massage. You can also completely control the direction and intensity of the massage, so you’ll get the treatment you really need.
Another great thing about the Resteck Neck and Back Massager is the fact that it has a dedicated heating element. This allows you to get additional comfort while still enjoying your massage. Apart from that, this thing feels nice in your hand. It feels great to hold, and the pillow sits nicely on your shoulder. Furthermore, this massager is corded, but a car adapter is included. So if you want to use this massager for neck pain while driving, there’s nothing stopping you from doing that.
- It comes with a handy travel case
- We love its ergonomic design; feels great in your hand and sits nicely on your shoulder
- You can use this massager to treat your whole body
- It is available at an affordable price
- You need to be sitting near a power outlet to use this thing
Thera Cane Massager
Pressure massage is one of the oldest and most effective methods of relieving tension. This requires you to apply pressure to trigger points, so it will relax the muscles and create a comfortable sensation. And that’s exactly what Thera Cane Massager does. This neck massager for neck pain focuses on pressure points to give you instant relief. And the best part is that this product doesn’t require any electricity to work!
The design of the hook is brilliant. It allows you to provide some sense of control while applying pressure. Apart from that, this product is ergonomic. It’s comfortable to use and won’t force you into weird positions. So if you need a massager for neck pain and aren’t willing to spend a lot, this one’s for you.
- It comes with an ergonomic design, very easy to use
- This product is lightweight, and great for on the go
- It works effectively to target the knots in your neck
- It doesn’t require electricity to work
- You may need some getting used to before you can use this device
MoCuishle Shiatsu Massager
MoCuishle Shiatsu Massager promises an intense massage for your stiff muscles. It has eight kneading nodes and three different speed settings. For faster muscle recovery, you can activate the heat function. Apart from that, the arm straps are ergonomically designed. Overall, this massager for neck pain is comfortable to use. It targets your neck muscles and effectively creates a relaxing treatment.
As its name implies, this neck massager for neck pain is an attempt to imitate the Shiatsu massage technique. It applies pressure to your problematic tissues. So if you’re a huge fan of a good deep-tissue massage, this device will make a great addition to your home.
- This massager works great for your whole body
- It’s easy to maintain
- You can use this pillow massager on your neck or lower body
- It has a heat function to relieve muscle tension
- Some customers think that this product is a little too bulky
Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
The Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager would make a fantastic addition to your working station setup. It has adjustable straps, so you can easily attach them to your work chair. Other than that, this massager for neck pain is small and compact, so you shouldn’t have any problem lugging it around the airport or hotel. As for performance, it has powerful bi-directional massage nodes. They alternately change direction every minute, so you’ll get total relief.
Oh, and how could we forget the heat function? It helps create better blood flow and will automatically shut off after 20 minutes of use for your safety. The bottom line is this is a quality neck massager for neck pain. This device won’t let you down if you have $80 to spend.
Looking for a new chair for your office setup? Check out our best stools for standing desks.
- It has overheating protection for your safety
- The massager comes with lifetime support and is FDA registered
- This thing has powerful 3D deep-kneading massage nodes
- It’s ergonomically designed
- It doesn’t have different intensity settings
IntiMD CuraCane Handheld Neck Massager
Are you tired of having persistent tension headaches? Well, you might want to consider getting the IntiMD CuraCane Handheld Neck Massager. This neck massager for neck pain is a handheld device designed to target specific muscle groups. It will create the right stimulus at your trigger points, so you’ll be able to get a quick fix when the headache gets worse.
This massager for neck pain comes with a simple design and mechanism. All you need to do is put it around your neck. And then, after that, squeeze gently until you feel a relaxing massage sensation. Do this for 30 seconds at a time and take a brief pause before you start again. This one will make a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable non-electrical massager.
- It’s portable and would make a great addition to your travel bag
- This massager is available at an affordable price
- It comes with an ergonomic handle
- It works effectively to relieve your tension headaches
- Since this device is non-electric, you need to make some manual efforts to make it work
HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe Massager
The HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe Massager is probably one of the best massagers for neck pain we’ve tried. This thing sits straight on your shoulder and features two arm straps for you to hold onto. If you think you need extra pressure, you can pull the massager a bit, so your neck will get a stronger massage sensation.
We also love the fact that it has dedicated heating and speed control functions. This way, you can play around with the settings to create a massage that really suits your needs. Last but not least, this neck massager for neck pain will automatically turn off after 15 minutes to avoid overheating.
- It has a soft and breathable fabric
- We love the fact that this massager is easy to use
- This product has comfortable arm straps
- It sits nicely on your shoulder
- This massager is quite expensive
How to Choose The Best Massager for Neck Pain
You need to consult several experts to choose the best massager for neck pain. You can visit a wellness center or a body shop and ask the staff about what to look for in a neck massager for neck pain. It includes safety features, how to use them, plus information about all the benefits and risks.
But if you don’t have to do it yourself, don’t worry. We’ve done all the work for you. Below, you can read about three important factors to consider when choosing a massager for neck pain. Without further ado, let’s check them out.
As you can see in our list, massagers for neck pain are available in various types. There was a massage ball, pillow, chair, and even a massage cane! Each of them has its own advantages and risks. Apart from that, you also need to take into account the budget factor. For example, a massage cane is cheaper and great for knots. However, it would be best if you made some manual efforts since the device is non-electric.
Safety should be your biggest concern when you decide to get a neck massager for neck pain. The product should relieve your pain, not make it worse. And if the massager comes with a heating function, make sure that it has an auto-off feature to prevent overheating.
If you decide to get a wireless massager for neck pain, battery life is far more important than ever. You don’t want to get a product that takes forever to charge but only gives you a short usage time. Therefore, look for a massager with a large battery capacity and fast charging time.
Will a Massager Help with Neck Pain?
Yes, a massager will help relieve your neck pain. It will apply some pressure to your trigger points, fatigue the muscles, and create a comfortable sensation of relief. However, make sure only to use the massager for 15 minutes at a time and take a short break before you start all over again.
Is a Vibrating Massager Good for Neck Pain?
Yes. According to a study, vibration can have a great effect in relieving neck pain. So if you have a vibrating massager at home, it should be of great help
Is Massager Good for Stiff Neck?
Yes, because a massager can help increase your blood flow. This will speed up the distribution of oxygenated fresh blood to the affected areas. When used properly, a massager can also help with bruising and inflammation.