Finding the perfect long-sleeved top wasn’t a simple task. Whether we were looking for men or women, we needed something that would wick away sweat to prevent armpit stains. Also, they should keep us covered and also, you know, hold up the ladies! And we were not surprised to find that long sleeve Lululemon shirts check all the boxes. In recent years, the brand has evolved to now have athletic apparel for all kinds of bodies on offer. This is evident in the collection showcased by a variety of models on their website. What’s more, we also found a large range of numbered sizes for tops that are also available in a variety of lengths. So, what are you waiting for? Here’s a list of the best options, along with a useful guide.
Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew Neck
The Lululemon Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew Neck Top is a staple among Lululemon enthusiasts. So, we wanted to try it out too, and there’s one major reason for the same – it made for the perfect layering piece. For one, the fabric is breathable and light, which meant that we could wear it everywhere. Secondly, it’s fitted with thumbholes, which provided us with optimum comfort. Hence, it was comfortable and warm for our chilly early-morning runs during spring. At the same time, it also made for an excellent base layer for when we’d exercise outdoors in winter. And, of course, it’s Lululemon.
“For us, this top was a cold-weather essential. Not only does it not ride up, but it’s also the perfect length, warm, and didn’t make us feel overheated.”Dizzzi
- They wick moisture quickly, thus not holding onto odor.
- They’re available in amazing colors.
- They can be washed in the machine.
- Some shoppers said that the sleeves were a bit too tight.
High-Neck Running and Training Long-Sleeve Shirt
Most versatile. We were looking for something versatile to wear during workouts and after too. And we couldn’t have been happier than we were with the Lululemon High-Neck Running and Training Long-Sleeve Shirt. Whoever said that one couldn’t wear a long sleeve Lulu shirt once temperatures rise clearly hadn’t worn this one. Firstly, it’s made from lightweight mesh fabric, offering the utmost levels of breathability. Secondly, the top even protected us from the sun while wicking moisture at the same time. Finally, it comes in a whopping 10 amazing colors, including the lovely hot pink you see below.
If you don’t believe us, check out this amazingly detailed Yahoo! Style review about this shirt.
- It comes in multiple colorways and sizes.
- We loved the relaxed fit.
- The T-shirt is very comfortable.
- Since the fabric is a mesh one, it might snag a bit easier.
Metal Vent Tech Long Sleeve 2.0
We turn our attention to one of the best men’s long sleeve Lululemon shirts, the Lululemon Metal Vent Tech Long Sleeve 2.0. There are a lot of reasons why we loved this long-sleeved crewneck t-shirt. For one, it has special silver threads for reducing odor. It’s also what makes the shirt extremely breathable and moisture-wicking. Besides the moisture-wicking material, the strategically-placed mesh ventilation also works like magic, especially when we go running in the sun. These are the two main reasons why we wear it during other workouts, too. The highlight, though, is that the fabric has a four-way stretch, which we loved for its sheer movability.
- The seamless construction is good-looking.
- This t-shirt boasts anti-stink technology.
- The strategic venting makes this workout-ready.
- It might not be the best option for humid weather.
5 Year Basic Long Sleeves Tee
Straight from Lulu’s 5-year collection comes the Lululemon 5-Year Basic Long Sleeves Tee. This shirt that we reached for is a fan favorite and, true to its word, kept us comfy and soft all day long. For one, it’s made from a mixture of materials. Not only does it have 70% Pima cotton, but it also has 6% lycra elastane and 24% Seacell Lyocell. The fabric is what gave the shirt its stretch as well as the ability to retain shape. Besides the easy pull-on closure, the t-shirt can also be washed in the machine, which was a blessing.
- This shirt is designed for us to be on the move.
- The fabric mixture is both moisture-wicking and comfortable.
- It boasts a classic fit.
- Some patterns and styles might not be available.
Men’s Metal Vent Tech 1/2 Zip Long Sleeve Shirt
We have yet another metal vent shirt from the brand; this time, it’s the Lululemon Men’s Metal Vent Tech 1/2 Zip Long Sleeve Shirt. We were desperately looking for half-zip tops, as they’re the perfect layer for us to throw on during chilly evenings. They’re also perfect for us after a particularly sweaty workout at the gym. That’s what makes this shirt so perfect, as the minimal seams reduce chafing. What’s more, it’s made with a mix of 46% nylon, 49% recycled polyester, 3% X-static nylon, and 2% elastane. Thus, it’s able to retain its shape very well. And even though it gets washed often, it’s holding up very well.
Check out a detailed YouTube video review of this shirt by Arccway.
- It comes in five colors and multiple sizes.
- The construction is seamless.
- The T-shirt is well-ventilated.
- Not everyone might like the slim fit.
All Town Buttondown
Go to town with the Lululemon All Town Buttondown – well, that’s what first came to our minds! This chic shirt for men is made from a mix of 3% lycra elastane, which gives it its unique stretch, 15% polyester for the fall, and 82% cotton for comfort. We loved the neat button closure, which gives the shirt a very casual, semi-formal look, which is hard to come by for shirts.
But that’s not all that impressed us about this shirt. We were able to wash it in the machine, which was a great thing. But the best bit was that the two-way stretch Qwick Oxford fabric is both quick-drying and sweat-wicking. It’s also what helped the shirt retain its shape too.
- The fabric wicks sweat and moisture.
- The button-down design is perfect for various scenarios.
- It comes in many colors.
- It’s expensive.
Best for layering. Not all jackets are the same, especially long-sleeved ones. That’s why we loved the Lululemon Define Jacket – because of its chic design. There are a lot of things to like about this jacket, such as the cottony-soft material that’s a mix of 87% nylon and 13% Lycra elastane. The added lycra fiber moved with us and even helped the jacket stay in excellent shape even after long use. Not just that, but the fabric is also breathable, four-way stretchable, and wicks moisture and sweat too.
Our hands run cold. That’s one major reason why we loved the fold-over Cuffins finger covers and added thumb holes. They not only kept the sleeves down, but they also kept the chills out. Rounding up the features is the hip length and slim, flattering fit.
Check out the product details on the official product page.
- This jacket is perfect for layering.
- It even takes care of the issue of cold hands.
- The nylon lining helped us stay comfortable.
- This jacket needs to be hand washed.
Show Your Depth Long Sleeve Top
Most stylish. If you want to go for style, look no further than the Lululemon Show Your Depth Long Sleeve Top. Made from a mix of 8% elastane, 46% polyester, and 46% modal, this pull-on top looked very stylish with everything we wore. This includes jeans, jeggings, and even skirts. We especially loved the cropped length that allowed us to show off our midriffs and the relaxed fit, which made us comfortable in our skin. In fact, that’s one of the top reasons why everyone loves this tee! Moreover, the modal French terry fabric is naturally breathable, felt soft against our skin, and is even stretchable four ways. The absolute best bit, although, is that the neckline is such that we were able to shift it and even wear the top as an off-shoulder one!
- The tee is very comfortable due to the relaxed fit.
- It’s stylish and versatile.
- It can be washed in the machine.
- Not everyone might be comfortable with the cropped length.
Surge Warm Half-Zip
There’s yet another great half-zip long-sleeve Lulu shirt on this list; it’s the Lululemon Surge Warm Half-Zip. This shirt is made from a mix of 13% lycra elastane and 87% nylon. So, the fabric not only had four-way stretchability, but it was also soft and wicked sweat quickly and immediately. In fact, we wore this for a long, long time, and we were very comfortable all the time. The slim fit aside, we especially appreciated the zipper closure. It helped us stay warm, especially since we run cold near the neck. Finally, the true stroke of genius, according to us, is the discreet zippered pocket in the seam. It’s here that we could stash our cell phone, card, and some cash for emergencies.
- The fabric is four-way stretchable and wicks sweat.
- The zippered closure helped us stay warm.
- The fabric is very soft.
- The slim fit might not appeal to everyone.
Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew
The Lululemon Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew is another take on the brand’s popular Swiftly Tech line of top clothing. This top is our favorite for more reasons than one. For one, it’s extremely durable and fits like a second skin. We’ve been wearing them a lot lately, and they haven’t shown any signs of wear. In fact, they look and fit us as they did the day we bought them! This is thanks to the build mix, which comprises 3% X-static nylon and elastane, 40% recycled polyester, and 54% nylon. Secondly, the top doesn’t smell, thanks to Lululemon’s ‘Silverescent Technology’ that prevents odor-causing bacteria from growing on the top. Finally, it has an excellent selection of colors, including the lovely mauve you see below.
- The top comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes.
- We love the seamless construction.
- It’s silky smooth and soft.
- It’s expensive.
When it comes to full-sleeved layering, no one does it better than Lululemon. It’s evident in the Lululemon Scuba Hoodie, which comes in an eye-popping variety of colors. We love the relaxed fit of this hoodie, which has resulted in it becoming our favorite post-sweat piece of clothing. The thick and soft cotton fleece fabric, which is a mix of 89% nylon and 11% elastane, locks in the heat. Since we usually run cold, the jacket is perfect for us. The large hood is undoubtedly the highlight, as it helped keep our post-sweat hair under wraps till we reached home. The best bit? The elastic zipper pull doubled as an emergency hair tie – a pure stroke of genius.
- The thumbholes helped keep our hands warm and the sleeves down.
- We loved the hip length that provided ample coverage.
- It has pockets.
- It might not be the best thing for people who run hot.
Metal Vent Tech 1/2 Zip Long Sleeve Shirt
There’s another version of the metal vent shirt, the Lululemon Metal Vent Tech 1/2 Zip Long Sleeve Shirt. This shirt, which works great as a layer, is made from a mix of 3% X-Static nylon, 45% nylon, and 52% polyester. So, the fabric not only stretches four ways and moves with us, but it’s also lightweight and wicks sweat. Moreover, the fabric also features ‘Silverescent technology,’ which ensured that our shirt didn’t stink up. Plus, the ample mesh venting encouraged airflow and kept us cool all the time. Wrapping up the features is the zipper closure and the 100% nylon lining.
- The seamless build reduces bulk and prevents chafing.
- The shirt can be washed in the machine.
- It features anti-stink technology.
- It’s very expensive.
Align Long Sleeve Cropped Pullover Shirt
Best overall. Our top pick is this Align Long Sleeve Cropped Pullover Shirt which, when worn, felt like we were wearing next to nothing – in a good way! This pullover shirt is powered by the brand’s proprietary Nulu fabric, which is so buttery soft that it feels weightless. It’s made from a mix of 19% elastane and 81% nylon, making the fabric stretchable four ways and, thus, very comfortable. Not just that, but the fabric is extremely sweat-wicking as well. Wrapping up the features is the pull-on closure and the boatneck collar, which kept us comfortable throughout the day.
- The fabric is very lightweight and stretchable four ways.
- We loved the slim fit and cropped length.
- It can be washed in the machine.
- None, really.
While we love all long-sleeved tops, shirts, and t-shirts from Lululemon, the ones below are a specialized list due to their specific features:
- Most versatile: High-Neck Running and Training Long-Sleeve Shirt
- Best for layering: Define Jacket
- Most stylish: Show Your Depth Long Sleeve Top
- Best overall: Align Long Sleeve Cropped Pullover Shirt
How To Choose The Best Long-Sleeve Lululemon Shirts?
One of the first things we did while choosing a long-sleeve Lulu shirt was sticking to neutral colors. So, it got easier for us to mix and match outfits. Some neutral colors include shades such as brown, white, blue, grey, black, etc.
Another important factor when choosing long-sleeved shirts is choosing ones with high-quality materials so they stand the test of time. In such cases, the label on a t-shirt is a good indicator of what we were in for. Just because a shirt says 100% cotton, it doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily high-quality cotton. Nowadays, most tops and t-shirts are made from a cotton-poly blend, but we also looked into thread count to get a sense of quality. Some common materials are synthetic, stretchy materials, tri-blends, polyester, jersey, and combed cotton.
Neckline is another important factor when it comes to tops and shirts and your own comfort. These are some of the commonest necklines today:
- Crew neck: This goes back all the way to the early 1900s when crewneck was originally standard with US Navy sailors’ t-shirts. It was named so since the ship’s working “crew” would wear these. Today, this style is a closet staple and functional enough to be layered.
- V-neck: This popular t-shirt style was born in the 1960s and has the advantage of making faces seem more angular and longer. It’s also a fantastic way to highlight the fit without exerting too much effort.
- Henley: In the English town of Henley-on-Thames, the ‘henley’ was the traditional uniform of rowers. They’re perfect to be worn solo and also work as the perfect base layer.
- Polo t-shirts: Polos add a collar to the henley’s button and placket design, and sometimes they even have a logo. While they’re traditionally short-sleeved, they’re now more popular in their long-sleeved form.
- Scoop neck: Finally, we have the chic and urban scoop neck, which is something everyone can pull off. Not only is the neckline unique, but also they look edgy and stylish.
Finally, it’s important to see what bottoms you’re going to be wearing with longLululemon men’s long-sleeve shirts. Don’t wear distressed jeans to work, steer clear of brightly colored jeans, and lean towards those with a relaxed or structured fit. Chinos are a good option, and so are long skirts for women, whether it’s for casual or even semi-formal looks.
Also, check out the best Lululemon ABC pants for men.
What are Lululemon long sleeve shirts made of?
They’re made from super-soft Pima cotton fabric that’s naturally breathable. What’s more, there’s also added Lycra fiber for shape retention and stretch.
Why is Lululemon fabric so good?
Lululemon’s Luxtreme fabric is supportive and sleek and is made from 31% Lycra elastane and 69% nylon. That’s why it’s such a great pick.
Is it OK to wash Lululemon shirts?
The brand recommends machine-washing similar fabrics in cold water to avoid stretch or mixing. Also, avoid abrasive fabrics/materials and fabric softeners.
Some images in this article are copyrighted by Lululemon.